I made motherfucking vegan chai spice muffins
So i’m going to be turning twenty tomorrow (I know Im a baby), and I decided, for any of my followers that might be…a good bit younger, I’m going to make a list of things I wish I’d been told when I was a teenager. Just to…make it easier? I didn’t learn all of this by myself, Ive got a great girlfriend that has opened my eyes a lot, and I’ve learned some lessons the hard way. But if I can save anyone the trouble…
Alright, here we go:
- Don’t label yourself. In any way. From anything as complicated as your sexuality, to as simple as your gender, or colour preference. To label is to limit.
- Don’t limit yourself. Don’t think because you won’t wear that, or won’t listen to that, it makes you ‘cooler’ or more chic. It severely limits your opportunities.
- Don’t settle. Don’t settle for less than the very best. You deserve the very best, of everything.
- Don’t let the first time you get drunk, be surrounded my strangers.
- Don’t make sex so important. Realize all it is, is sex. Not the essence of a relationship, not a status symbol, not the answer to your problems. It wont save a relationship, earn you someone’s heart, or make you ‘cool’. However, it can cause many problems, with friendships, relationships, and emotionally, make sure you’re ready for that. (*Sex, CAN be very meaningful, in a committed emotionally ready relationship. It can strengthen a bond and love and be a beautiful wonderful experience for you and your partner, but that’s not the kind of sex I’m talking about.)
- You can’t make anyone love you. Plain and simple.
- You can’t change anyone.
- There is nothing you can not do, don’t put off projects or hold yourself back, because you have doubts. The greatest impedance of success, is fear of failure.
- You will gain friends, and you will loose friends. Welcome everyone with an open heart, watch them leave with a strong soul. Never trade any part of yourself to keep someone in your life. If they don’t want to be there, they won’t be. Any friendship you have to earn is not friendship.
- Never hold back your personality for fear of rejection, or fear of loosing someone.
- Sometimes you will grow out of a person, and they will negatively begin to affect you, don’t feel bad about saving yourself the emotional pain, and distancing yourself, this will happen to everyone at least once.
- Respect your teachers (as long as they respect you), you never know when you might need them in some way.
- Don’t burn bridges. Don’t seek vengeance, you never know when you may do something irreversible to someone you really may need one day.
- Network. It doesn’t matter if you are *close* with this person, being acquaintances with a lot of people is good, this might really save your ass later
- Always invite the kids that sit alone to sit with you.
- Don’t rush love.
And lastly, relax. You’ll make it. Life gets hard, then gets better, there are ups and downs, people come, people go. People make you laugh and make you cry. But your teenage years really are your hardest, so just chin up, make the best of it! <3
Today was just a little hectic.